programmer, mapper, Turkish translator

Vous desirez intégrer l'équipe de Jurassic Life, c'est ici.
Interested in joining the team of Jurassic Life? Make a post in here.

programmer, mapper, Turkish translator

Postby occupier » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,
Sorry for my late response. I just saw your(jimmynunchucks) message on moddb. I am really busy to work on AI but I can help with small bug fixes and I can translate whole game to Turkish if you want. Anyway I have some experience about mapping. If you want any other tips or suggestions I can help.
For a better conversation add me on Skype: senhor97
occupier
Compsognathus

Re: programmer, mapper, Turkish translator

Postby jimmynunchucks » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Hey man, sorry for the late response.

Well as you may have noticed, the mod is in a bit of an unstable position currently. The project leader Taurus has developed some serious health issues, and has not responded recently to my messages.

More info can be found here under "comments". http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-life
Keep checking back, I'm sure he'll return soon. And thank you!

/Jimmy
jimmynunchucks
Gallimimus

Postby occupier » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:03 pm

I hope he will get healthy soon and I hope he doesn't have a serious health problem. If there is something which I can do about project or about any other thing just send me a message over Skype or through that e-mail address: arda_karad994@hotmail.com
occupier
Compsognathus

Postby jimmynunchucks » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:00 am

Well I have little knowledge of what goes on in the programming department, but I do know that they were having trouble with the navigation of the NPCs in the maps. For example, the raptor won't jump to certain heights.

I think they also needed someone for the weapon code fixes, but that's about it. I hope Robert returns soon.
jimmynunchucks
Gallimimus

Postby occupier » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:01 pm

I have too much work to do nowadays but I think I can find time to fix that small bugs. If you can wait until summer I can do a better work, I am totally free at summer.
occupier
Compsognathus

Postby jimmynunchucks » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Great! We'll thanks for the interest, but the choice is not mine to make. We'll have to wait for Robert to return.
Stay tuned.

/Jimmy
jimmynunchucks
Gallimimus

Postby occupier » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:44 pm

I hope he will get back soon. Good luck with everything!�
occupier
Compsognathus

Postby RedEyes » Fri May 09, 2014 5:08 am

I will finally reply, i had in mind to wait for a response from Robert, as i would discover myself how it feels for the future, but after this long period without any sign of life ( hope robert is going well), but nevermind, to me Jurassic life is simply a Dead horse now.

Occupier > i may have missed that discussion , so jump to read it, and i will get a a good idea about what was the problems that stops the process of creation.
Also i my own way, i took the freedom to restart new stuff over the new unreal engine 4 to bring and convert our game from Source to Ue4, but it a pain in the ass all level had to be redone. the work to convert all texture into UE4 shader is horrible.
The rendering/lightning/shading engine is pretty different from the source engine, shaders requires a lots of improvement to fit the physically based rendering that UE4 is improved for. Ok that not an obligation to fit the new rendering technique and Jl should just be ported in the current state and keep the same graphic chart.
But there is no way out, i simply can't get the hand on all source model with their respective rigs and animation sequences, the only rigged and animated model that i have on my own is the raptor model.
So technically is impossible, valve make shitty tools out of the box, source sdk 2013 habs been putted down for Three weeks now, i am far away from source engine development but i still receive all the discussion from the hlcoders list, and i can say that a lot of people has been forced to stop to work with that version of the sdk. it might be fixed today as i received a new message from valve that say the problem is fixed, but not.

I do not plan to continue to work on source engine,
I do not plan to port the current JL game to UE4,
I do not plan to start over with UE4 to remake a new game based on JL story, but
I already planned to learn new technique of creation and new tools.

Occupier you can still contact me on Steam :
http://steamcommunity.com/id/laudanum/

Nicolas
RedEyes
Site Admin

Postby occupier » Fri May 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks for your reply. If it is a dead project I will no longer watch it but if you need any help about c++, java or c# and translations to Turkish or any other Turkic language I am always there to help. You can contact me via any address which I have gave above. I will add you on steam. Have a nice day.
occupier
Compsognathus

Postby RedEyes » Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 pm

occupier wrote:Thanks for your reply. If it is a dead project I will no longer watch it but if you need any help about c++, java or c# and translations to Turkish or any other Turkic language I am always there to help. You can contact me via any address which I have gave above. I will add you on steam. Have a nice day.

As you, i would like to know what Robert ( taurus ) expects to do with the project, but as i am not in contact with him since the month of Febrary, and my motivation is entirely gone with the source engine.
If you have take a look at the message i pointed you on, do you think you could help out in anyway with the problem i mention in that message ? ( gameplay, AI, VGUI, item /weapon, en shader/post process effect)
RedEyes
Site Admin

Postby occupier » Sat May 10, 2014 9:34 pm

With my current computer I can only help with coding part but I hope I will get a new computer from my sponsors next month or later on summer then I can do my best with everything. Anyway I know two guys who can help you with project. One is graphic designer and other one is movie editor. Also I know a objective-c programmer.
occupier
Compsognathus

Postby jimmynunchucks » Sun May 11, 2014 6:08 pm

occupier wrote:Thanks for your reply. If it is a dead project I will no longer watch it but if you need any help about c++, java or c# and translations to Turkish or any other Turkic language I am always there to help. You can contact me via any address which I have gave above. I will add you on steam. Have a nice day.

The project is not "dead", we just simply need to wait for Robert to return. Occupier, what's your steam account name?
Thanks.
jimmynunchucks
Gallimimus

Postby occupier » Thu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm

I don't use steam really often so I can't remember my steam account but if you give me your id I can add you when I find my steam password.
occupier
Compsognathus

Postby jimmynunchucks » Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Mine is "klutzboy".
jimmynunchucks
Gallimimus

Postby occupier » Fri May 16, 2014 3:38 pm

I have added you both on steam. My steam id is senhor
occupier
Compsognathus